lundi 11 août 2008

Summer is here


France Gall was my mom's favorite singer. She even dyed her hair blond to look like her. I rediscovered France Gall with my "ex-petit-ami-et-maintenant-ami" who used to listen to listen to her with his "ex-petite-amie". Most of her songs are really catchy and her voice will sound annoying to a lot of people but I've always like it. I can just imagine my mom spending time in her room listening to France's singles on her turntable and dancing to herself. I did the same today on that song that I didn't know until yesterday... found it online of course but I also found a video online. Now that guy's necklace is quite something. The song is about 2 boys fighting for the same girl and there is a rather weird "fight dance" in the clip. So this is the "Avant la bagarre" song (Before the Fight).


My mom was not even 5 feet tall (4'11") - I wonder if she was taller than France...



It's good to be French sometimes. Because you can enjoy really cheesy music without guilt, because it's French. Like this song from the rather cheesy French film "Les Chansons d'amour"... I'm sure a lot of people would call this film a navet (turnip is what you call a bad movie in French - my friend Toog explained it really well on his blog years ago - you'll have to scroll down a little) but I actually quite like this song.

Je n'aime que toi (MP3)

Aucun commentaire: